When it comes to your home’s foundation, the saying “out of sight and out of mind” takes on a whole new meaning. It’s easy to forget that the structural integrity of your house relies heavily on the engineering of your foundation and the ground it rests on.
Here at PermaTech Foundation Repair, our team is dedicated to preserving your comfort and safety when it comes to home structure issues. No matter what your foundation problem is – we’ve got a solution. Our team members are experts at slab leak foundation repairs, drainage system installations, tree root barrier services and so much more!
Read on for more information about why foundation problems occur and some tips and tricks to safeguard the structural integrity of your home.
What Causes Foundation Damage?
Interested in learning more about foundation issues and why they happen? Some of the most common problems include:
- Plumbing leaks in your bathroom or kitchen pipes.
- Texas heat that dries out the ground and causes structural fissures.
- Loose soil that isn’t dense or compact enough to support your foundation.
- Clogged drains or gutters that damage the exposed parts of your home.
- Poor structural engineering that weakens the concrete and metal within your foundation.
If you’ve noticed any indication that the structural integrity of your household is suffering, don’t hesitate to reach out to your local foundation professionals at PermaTech.
Landscaping And Foundation Protection
Wondering how the plant life in your yard and around your house affects your foundation?
For homeowners in and around the McKinney area, the landscaping surrounding your property requires maintenance for many different reasons. If you have large trees planted near your foundation, make sure to watch out for moisture damage and far-reaching roots.
Most tree root systems need lots of water and space to grow and expand. This can cause cracks and slab leaks in your foundation as well as broken pipes. It’s also important to make sure your yard and flowerbeds are watered evenly to minimize soil erosion.
Landscaping Tips That Preserve Your Home’s Foundation
Protecting your foundation is always worth your while when it comes to avoiding costly leaks, burst pipes and water damage. Some beneficial tips and tricks to follow include:
- Monitoring your soil’s moisture levels.
- Scheduling regular lawn maintenance and grading your landscaping.
- Leaving a tiny bit of your foundation exposed.
- Planting trees a reasonable distance away from your house.
- Keeping your gutters clean and clear as much as possible.
- Creating a swale in your yard to redirect runoff away from your foundation.
If you have questions or concerns about any of these options in regard to your home, feel free to reach out to our friendly technicians!
High-Quality McKinney Foundation Repairs
Are you ready to feel at ease when it comes to foundation issues? Here at PermaTech Foundation Repair, we pride ourselves in being a company that offers top-tier products, warranties and services that protect the structural integrity of your home.
Feel free to contact us to schedule a repair appointment or reach out with any questions today!